Do not miss this stunning, Carbon Neutral, Architectural masterpiece, designed by award winning Architect, Kevin Daly. This one-of-a-kind, custom, private, gated oasis, is located in a prime tree lined street of Sunset Park, Santa Monica. Unlike traditional townhomes, this grand 2,400SF property runs the length of the entire lot (front to back), making it feel like a true single-family home. Enjoy multiple private outdoor spaces for relaxing and entertaining (all flowing seamlessly for a proper indoor / outdoor experience). Property features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms plus upstairs office/flex room and open den/ family room area. Created to embrace the movement of the sun, enjoy all the natural light that seeps into all the open living spaces. Other details include private large 2-car garage with alley access, additional custom storage, solar hot water and heated terrazzo, cork and patio floors, Western sliding doors, Wolf/ Subzero kitchen appliances and hardwood stairs. Short walk or bike ride to both Main Street and Abbot Kinney Blvd shops, cafés and restaurants. Located blocks to Whole Foods, Gelsons and more. Additional features provided by Seller include the following:
Carbon Neutral is balancing greenhouse gas emissions by offsetting or removing from the atmosphere equivalent amount of carbon for the amount produced to build and operate the home. It is an off-set.
Carbon Neutral intentions/design features include:
- Motorized ceiling vents for temperature regulation in addition to a/c.
- Granite floors on the first floor help maintain the cool temperature during the summer and can be thermally heated in the winter.
- Cork floors on the second floor are thermally heated from solar panels on the roof. (Please note that the solar panels do not provide electricity currently, they only provide thermal heat for the floors inside and outside.
- Tankless water heater maintains shower ready heated temperatures.
Electrical and technical mentions:
- The garage has an electrical unit to outfit for an electric car.
- Multiple wifi sensors throughout home given the density of the walls.
- Nest doorbell and security camera overseeing the area behind the garage added
- ADT Alarm System
- Custom built door to accommodate the slope in the street.
- Custom built storage within the garage has a hidden key lock system with sliding doors.
- Vaulted ceilings pick both up and reflect in exact opposition to the adjacent unit so that maximum light is achieved in the upstairs from the East and the West.
- Central Terrazzo allows for privacy between the front and the back entrances and living areas of the home while keeping the continuity of the house maintained with the hallway. There is an ease of moving throughout the home privately from the inside. In contrast to many of the modern properties in Venice with the ADUs outside the main house.
- Mature bamboo along the entire side of the house as well as on both sides of the front garden add to the street barrier.
- Kitchen-Kevin Daly custom-built maple cabinets, with signature use of stainless steel in the kitchen.
- Closets-Kevin Daly designed maple closets that match wood cabinets in the kitchen.
- Bathrooms-Marble countertops, handpicked by the architect.