SOLD for $210,000 above asking price. List price $1,399,000 / Sale Price $1,610,000. Do not miss this completely remodeled 1,211 sq. ft., 6,500 sq. ft. lot, 2BR/1.5BA single-family home with unparalleled views (third bedroom converted into large dining room, but remains 3BR on title). Enjoy the rare unobstructed ocean, city, mountain and sunset views from most rooms and the back deck. The large deck adds additional living and entertaining space with a beautiful backdrop. Property features hardwood floors, custom built-ins, open kitchen, wine fridge, in-ceiling lighting, central AC/heat, large two-car garage (alley access), flat private back yard, multi-level lot and more. Potential opportunity to increase sf by building up, or above the separate garage. Short bike ride to Whole Foods, Venice Beach, Abbot Kinney Blvd, Penmar golf and tennis courts, Ocean Park restaurants and cafes.
Highlights from the owner:
- – Rose has a warm, happy vibe; close enough to Venice and SM to hit the beach, coffee shops, restaurants and bars, but also just far enough to be out of the chaos (traffic, safety, etc.)
- – Mature trees and manicured landscaping, with automatic lighting brings you in to relax. Open the big sliding door, let the air in.
- – Expansive deck to host parties, and especially good on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks right from home.
- – The very first step on the deck is a favorite spot for a quiet coffee in the morning. Perfect to watch the early morning sunrise.
- – The central meeting place of the house is the kitchen; wine fridge immediately underneath, and counter space on top sized for a working chef.
- – Our workshop garage hold bikes and surfboards, and opens to back alley leading to the beach. It s a quick bike ride down (and back) to Bay Street.
- – Penmar golf course, tennis courts and rec-center are 1.5 blocks walking distance (we actually walk down to play 9 holes, and then walk home).
- – We also keep the Vespa down there, which gives quick access to Bob s Market on Ocean Park for a bottle of vino, or to summer Pier Concerts. At the end of the week, we park the car and take the Vespa to avoid the traffic and go anywhere all weekend long.
- – The home is well fenced off for security (keyed gates on both front and rear), with door and motion detectors armed by ADT Security.
- – TV, cable and Wi-Fi have been routed to a central equipment closet which also holds Wi-Fi printer and a charging station for laptops, cell phones, etc. The central location keeps all our stuff always charged, and eliminates the clutter of wires.
- – Sonos through the house, and mounted speakers in the patio tied to the system keep live music into the night.
- – Newly installed (2015) central A/C and heat keep the house cozy, even on the hottest summer days with clean filtered air.
- – Neighbors are all great people, very friendly and an asset to the neighborhood.